Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blunt Honesty

Hi there blog how have you been doing? As for me i am doing good met new people this semester they have been nice to me. I have a learnt a lot from them plus i am enjoying this semester 3 new courses learning a lot all in all its nice feeling. Are you kidding me is that the truth who will say that you are still without a proper campus job you kind of screwed 1 midterm. Plus you have been struggling to keep up this semester and last but not the least you are still technically unemployed.

Hmm which would be a nice introduction the first one where i am talking generally about my life this semester or the second one where i am explicitly telling the truth. I guess most of you would say the first one and to be honest i too would agree. I mean who the hell likes to meet a guy who is cribbing about his problems in general. Even if he or she is not the cribbing types but on a general basis if that person is cribbing you wouldnt like it if he or she is a close friend else you will be like why the hell is he or she cribbing in front of me.

I will tell you about my experiments blunt honesty and to be honest results were not surprising. And as usual i will try to add a funny tinge to the whole thing so as not to make it a serious debate so please bear with me(This line was just written to please myself as you see i too cant be blunt honest with myself and say who cares about your blog its not as if many people are going to read it.)

I was talking to my friend who is in india and i asked him so was he still single or did he found someone special he said he did and i congratulated him on this. He posed me with the same question and i replied with a very logical answer. I said i am a grad student and i am technically unemployed plus it is not that i have too much money to spend and on top of it i dont even have a campus job and i dont have a car so why would any girl go out with me. He replied by saying dude you are being too pessimistic blah blah. Rest of the conversation is not important. I thought i was being realistic and i was very honest with the reason which i think i was the problem.

For all the people who watch how i met your mother and have seen the episode return of the shirt can relate to this. In this episode when Ted wanted to break up with Natalie he thought that he should tell her the truth by saying she was not the one ie he wanted to too honest and do you remember what happened Ted was beaten up Natalie using Krav Maga. Plus i was just talking to another friend of mine and asked him about his experience about being too honest. I will not go into too much detail as it might be mundane for many of you i will keep it short. He told me while he was working in 1 of the IT companies and was attending a meeting when his boss asked him a question and he replied from his heart ie he spoke too honestly result his boss said to him he was too young , immature, he was hallucinating that is why he was talking rubbish. In short an epic failure.

I think the problem with being blunt honest is that it threatens the very existence of other peoples dream that is why they hate blunt honesty. The thing is you are trying to shatter the dreams which they might have clung on for so long and by being too honest you are demotivating them. Also i feel that we humans have now become accustomed to lies where we truth is slightly modified so that it does not hurt us too much or it makes sure that we are not taken out from our comfort zone. And to be honest its okay i mean come on who likes it when you have cooked for the first time and the person who tastes it says what the hell salt is too much, it is not cooked properly, it is too hard blah blah you will like it if the other person is like ya it is nice try for someone who is new to cooking etc etc. I mean a little bit of flattery doesnt hurt right that way the concerned party is left happy and they also have an idea where they lack but in more subtle way so in a way it makes them feel good about them. In short blunt honesty hmm is not a good option and generally it doesnt work if it has worked for you do tell me about it.

PS: First of all the talk with my friend about gf should not be taken personally by girls i am not accusing them of anything. Its just that this happened with me recently so i used this as an example nothing more nothing less. Plus this whole blunt thing goes with my theory about me being a cold hearted person and all but anyways no big thing. Plus for those who like this post or dont like this post but take it in light hearted manner good for them but for those who took it too personally i will say what naga baba says "**** *** ****** ****" \m/.

4 comments:

Ankit said...

Awesome reply man you would have expected nothing less than that from you..you really caught me there until i saw the smiley..and i think most of my posts are incomplete without adding naga's quote at the end..

Archit said...

Dude..try adding some sense to your posts, and some punctuations too.

Unknown said...

srsly?

now should i be a little polite and flatter you a little about your honest post?

dost - we all love you but pls - tuh bahut bolta hai yaar... even through your blog ;-)

devesh mittal said...

This post is very eloquently rejects the fact that strains the wrong assumption that a false truth (a subtle truth) can mislead true ppl into falsehood, thereby diminishing their strength to remain truthful about others who rightly/wrongly believe what they think is true!!!